Are you a numismatist? If you are looking at this word and wondering if I just made it up, you might be new to the world of coin collecting. And that’s ok. New enthusiasts and avid collectors alike can benefit from the information here because it’s all about the biggest coin collecting conventions in the US in the summer of 2015.
Coin collecting events aren’t only about seeing rare coins – they are also about all of the supplies that serious collectors need. These coin collecting supplies include display items like coin capsules and plastic holders as well as slab albums, coin tubes, and quarter maps.
And then there are the coins.
Dealers from all over the world set up shop at these events to show collectors the most beautiful coins they have. Private collections are shown and rare items are available for sale. There are seminars held during these events that teach collectors about new ways to preserve their collections. All in all, it’s a numismatist’s (a coin collector’s) dream.
These events are held all over the United States. Take a look at the calendar for what’s happening around the country this summer:
- 7th Annual Pickens Country Coin Club Show – Jasper, VA - June 6th
- Capital District Coin Dealers Association Coin Show – Albany, NY – June 7th
- Allentown/Bethlehem Coin Club Coin Show – Allentown, PA – June 13th
- Annapolis Coin Club Coin and Currency Show – Westminster, MD – June 14th
- Memphis International Paper Money Show – Memphis, TN – June 18th-21st
- 9th Annual Summer FUN Convention – Orlando, FL – July 9-11
- Texas Coin Show – Grapevine, TX – July 10th – 12th
- Low Country Summer Coin Show – Ladson, SC - August 14th– 16th
If you enjoy coin collecting and want to add to your display attending a coin show is the way to go. You’ll have the opportunity to see coins that you hadn’t ever thought were available and you’ll get the chance to meet people who can teach you a lot about the pastime you so thoroughly enjoy. Who knows? You might be able to share a tidbit or two as well.