"Gives spot-on readings right out of the box." William, Verified Reviewer
|Model ||Size ||Color ||Pack Qty |
|S-7499-Basic Set || || ||1 |
The Precious Metal Verifier Kit from Sigma Metalytics can be used with any kind of metal. It is used to measure the bulk metal in your coins in order to detect and prevent fraud in your precious metals. It can also determine numismatic authenticity.
- Can be used with any metal.
- Reads the metal bulk�not coatings and plating.
- Can read through packaging.
- Very fast�1 second results.
- No wet chemistry, no consumables, no scraping or filing.
- Inexpensive to buy and use.
- Detects and prevents precious metal fraud.
- Can assist in determining numismatic authenticity.
- Easy to use, easy to program for additional sample types.
- Portable�long battery life.
- Durable�no maintenance required.
This verifier does not destroy or alter your coin in any way. In less than 1 second it sends electromagnetic waves through your coin and confirms its pattern against known samples. For example, pure gold will return a wave pattern that is different than pure silver. You tell the tool what metal you are measuring and it will tell you whether the readings match what is expected.
What it will do is confirm the correct precious metal content for specific coins. What it will not do is tell you the composition of those coins. To provide another example, it will confirm that your coin is pure gold but it cannot tell you the various components of an alloy coin. However, it is able to 'see' through plating. And, you are can use it without removing your coin from protective plastic cases.
Many standard metals are stored in the Precious Metal Verifier and can be selected by the user. For example, for gold coins the user can select pure gold, 22 K gold, 90% gold, or American eagle gold; for silver, pure silver, sterling silver, 90% silver. and Britannia silver. Pure platinum, palladium, rhodium, and copper also have stored values. Each of these coin and bullion metals will produce a unique reading on the Precious Metal Verifier. Even small changes in alloy make a big difference in the readings on the Precious Metal Verifier.
This kit includes both a small wand and a large wand. The small wand is used for smaller 1/10-ounce coins and the large wand is used for coins weighing between 1/4 and 1 ounce. The Precious Metal Verifier is not recommended to be used for jewelry.
NOTE: This item cannot be discounted. Coupon codes and special prices do not apply to this item.
Only Selected Items Can Be Back Ordered
Back Order means that you can place an order for an item even though it is not available to ship immediately. You will be put in line to receive the next available inventory. Not every item is available for back order.
Product Availability Messages & What They Mean
- Availability: In Stock Usually ships In 1-2 Business Days
Meaning - this item is currently in our warehouse and will ship immediately
- Availability: Back Order Usually ships In 2-3 Weeks.
Meaning - this item is currently out of stock but you can place an order for it. We expect the item to ship within 3 weeks however this is an estimate and cannot be guaranteed.
If You Order A Back Ordered Item
- Your card will be charged as soon as we receive your order.
- You may cancel your order and receive a full refund at any time as long as the back ordered item has not been shipped. To cancel a back order call us at 800-503-6461 or send an email to information@CoinSupplyExpress.com
- If your item has shipped you may return it for a merchandise refund. Shipping charges will not be refunded.
Sigma Metalytics Limited Hardware Warranty
Sigma Metalytics products come with a 90-day limited hardware warranty. Sigma Metalytics offers different delivery methods for warranty service, including but not limited to parts, software dispatc