Guardhouse Leatherette Coin Capsule Display Box
A traditional blue simulated leather box with gold trimmed top that holds a single coin capsule in a velvet bed. Coin capsules and coins shown in images are for display only and are not included with this box.
Outside of box is 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" x 1 1/2". Correct box is determined by diameter of the capsule or challenge coin.
- Small - holds Air-Tite A capsule or Guardhouse Small Capsules
opening size: 1.22 inches (31 mm)
- Medium - holds Air-Tite T capsule or Guardhouse Medium Capsules
opening size: 1.44 inches (36 mm)
- Large - holds Air-Tite H capsule or Guardhouse Large Capsules.
Can also accommodate a 1.75" challenge coin without a coin capsule.
opening size: 1 3/4 inches (44 mm)
- X-Large - holds Air-Tite I capsule or Guardhouse XL Capsules.
Can also accommodate a 2" challenge coin without a coin capsule.
opening size: 2 inches (51 mm)
Choose The Correct Box For Your Coins
- Measure your coin in millimeters - there are two ways
- Use a website like wikipedia.com or apmex.com
- Search for your coin specifications (note, especially in older coins, different years can be different sizes)
- Use a ruler with a metric scale
It's really pretty easy to read. The ruler is broken into big lines and little lines. Each big line is a centimeter (spaced about 3/8") and represents 10 millimeters (1cm = 10mm, 2cm = 20mm). Just go to the closest large line and then add the number of little line. For example, a silver dollar is 38mm (3 big lines + 8 little lines)
- Find the correct coin capsule
- Some coins are listed by coin type - cent capsule, nickel capsule, etc.
- Some times you'll purchase by size - 19mm, 27mm, 39mm
(note: size refers to coin size, not capsule size!)
- Identify the capsule size - it is always listed in the capsule description
For Guardhouse coin capsules they will be S, M, L or XL
For Air-Tite coin capsules they will be, respectively, A, T, H or I
- Choose the box that matches your capsule
- for example, an H capsule (or L) fits into a box designated H (or L)
Here is a chart that shows matching capsule sizes (Size H = Large = 1.75")
This Item Is Perfect For Challenge Coins
Challenge coins are made in a large variety of sizes but we have found the most common to be 1.75" and 2". As it turns out, that's also the coin capsule slot size of several boxes that we sell. Here is how to choose the correct box for your raw challenge coin:
- Measure your challenge coin in inches
- Find the corresponding box
- 1.75" fits boxes designated to hold model H or size Large capsules
- 2" fits boxes designated to hold model I or size X-Large capsule
- Do not use coin capsules with challenge coins
Capsules increase the overall dimension. If you are putting your challenge coin into a capsule use the capsule size to determine the correct box.